Monday, November 29, 2010

octowreath!

Okay, forget everything I said about hating Christmas crafts.


This Octowreath (made by the amazing Hine Mizushima for the Luv-able + Hug-able (+ Wearable!) show) has changed my mind. You can make me any Christmas craft you like, as long as it has tentacles. (Or serpents.)

Hine also photographed a squid in the very act of creating holiday crafts:


Everything about this image is wonderful to me; I love the way it looks like it's been taken from a craft magazine circa 1975! And I am desperate for that teeny-tiny sewing basket...

You can see more of her wonderful work at her blog and buy things from her at her Etsy shop!

4 comments:

ThingsTreasured said...

Those are truly adorable! I have a fondness for squids! This is one that I made, if you're interested. :)

http://thingstreasured.blogspot.com/2010/01/squidling.html

Anonymous said...

The Octowreath is so cute and clever!!

Suzanne said...

oh my. I had no idea i had such an octopus fetish until now...

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel