Friday, July 15, 2011

nails: grurple



After seeing Michelle of Eat Paint Sniff Glue rave about Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 370: Commander in Chic in her Monday Manicure post, I had to try it! It's a really hard colour to describe: the closest I can come is a grey-mauve, which my husband dubbed "grurple."

It's kind of silly but the thing I really like about this colour is that it contains all colours and shades. It's got blue and red to make the purple; yellow to muddy it and add a little brown; and black and white for the grey. It looks a bit like a paint palette when you mix everything together before you wash it (not because you need to, just because it's fun).

The application was okay but not amazing, which was surprising; I thought that since Sally Hansen products are synonymous with nails it would be the best application ever, but it was a little more slow-drying than my beloved Rimmel polishes. Still miles better than cheapo brands, but for $16 (as opposed to Rimmel for less than $10) I was expecting a miracle.

I'll definitely be reapplying it, though. It's a lovely soft, chic colour for winter. Grurple!

2 comments:

eatpaintsniffglue said...

Grurple! It totally is.

If you're used to the Rimmel 60sec polishes, there aren't many others out there that dry so quickly. I love them too.

But I also love how you don't hold a boring old bottle of polish (like I do) in your nail posts. d:

Jessica McLeod said...

Michelle: Thank you! It's really fun choosing a 'setting' for the photo. Actually it was your Monday Manicure posts that inspired me to start doing NOTD posts!